I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 8, 2013

Comfortable Refuge

From the Fairy Lights Tarot, the Ten of Coins:
A house sits on a high hill, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city below. This image gives me the feeling of a safe haven in a storm. Everyone needs a place where they can go to relax and unwind, a place where they can feel comfortable enough to "let their hair down." Not all homes have this essential characteristic. I've lived in a house where everyone tip-toed around, trying to be invisible and keep everything in perfect order. I've also been in one that was full of anger and chaos. There was no sense of security that allowed me time to enjoy the beauty in life in either one. Both places were a drain on my energy instead of a place to recharge my batteries. The rainbow the fairy places over the house reminds me that having a comfortable refuge, no matter how simple, is truly a blessing.    

From the Heart of Fairy deck comes the "Elven Knight:"
The Elven Knight is the consort of the queen, and leads processions from the fairy world into the earthly realm and back again. Many legends tell of humans being enchanted by watching the fairy troops; once drawn into the fairy realm, they never leave again. With the Ten of Coins above, this card cautions that I can become so comfortable in my cocoon, I never want to leave. If I isolate myself, I"ll begin to live in the fantasy land inside my head.  I need contact with the outer world and its activities to keep me grounded in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment