I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 28, 2013

Weedy Thoughts

From the Norse Tarot, the Queen of Swords:
This queen holds her sword horizontally, like a tennis player ready to return either a backhand or a forehand shot. She stands in a field of wheat, but in the foreground of the cards there are weeds. The Queen of Swords is no daydreamer; she will not tolerate thoughts that won't yield a harvest. She is especially diligent in slicing down those ideas that choke out the ones that are promising. She encourages me to be aware of anything I give free rent in my head that is not beneficial in some way.

From the Wolf Pack comes the card "Well:"
A wolf peers down into the bottom of the well, probably wishing for opposable thumbs so he would have easier access to the water. Petro explains that this card is about the "well within," the inner place inside everyone that holds answers and guidance, if we will only be still, quiet and receptive to hear it. In keeping with the tarot meaning above, I believe this card tells me to look deeply if I want to find out why I keep having "weedy" thoughts; I must be fertilizing them with something, so I need to uncover the motivations behind them.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that was a hedgehog on her back until I enlarged the card. Amazing how wrong we can see and hear things.

    ReplyDelete