I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Non-Zero-Sum Solution

From the Gaian Tarot, the World:
The more complex societies get and the more complex the networks of interdependence within and beyond community and national borders get, the more people are forced in their own interests to find non-zero-sum solutions. That is, win–win solutions instead of win–lose solutions.... Because we find as our interdependence increases that, on the whole, we do better when other people do better as well — so we have to find ways that we can all win, we have to accommodate each other....
~ Bill Clinton
It's taken many, many years, but I'm finally beginning to realize the impact of my selfishness and self-centeredness.  My attitudes, actions and beliefs have tendrils that reach out and wrap around other lives and environments, affecting them.  If I want a peaceful, compassionate world, the work is going to have to start with me.

From the Goddess Oracle cards comes "Uzume:"
This Japanese goddess literally let it all hang out, but not so she could be the center of attention.  Her bawdy dance and antics were designed to lure the sun goddess out of her cave.  She figured all the laughter and pandemonium would entice her, and sure enough, Amaterasu came out.  Uzume teaches me not to be afraid to laugh at myself, especially if it might help someone else.  The heads-up I gave to the reporter and police about the Microsoft phone scam going around ended up on the front page of yesterday's paper (a slow news day, obviously).  Needless to say I have been teased about my new role as a crime fighter by friends and family - my husband wants to paint a bat on my car and buy me a cape.  But the playful bantering will be worth it if it helps keep someone from getting conned.

2 comments:

  1. Batty Bev. Doesn't have quite the right ring.
    After I did the lawn I recataloged my decks. I've got it winnowed down to 62 tarot and 20 oracles. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been a busy bee; I need to find out what kind of vitamins you've been taking with this energy you've had lately. :)

      Delete