I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Honk If You Get the Message

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Page of Cups:
The Page of Cups is generally thought of as a sensitive soul. He wears his heart on his sleeve and knows how others are feeling even when they think they're hiding their emotions. Yet this fellow has another gift, shown by the fish in his cup - a strong intuition. He stands on a rock with the waves of the sea crashing around him, but his focus is on the cup. When there is emotional turmoil, whether it is around him or within him, he can trust this innate knowledge for guidance. He reminds me the logical mind should not always be my first choice when looking for solutions.

From the Beasts of Albion deck comes "Goose:"
The two crossed spears in the background give an instant clue as to what Goose represents - the guardian. When I walk in the mornings, I pass two ponds that have geese in them, both domestic and wild. I am always impressed that they spot me long before I ever see them and sound the alarm. At the larger pond, the domestic Swan Geese have one gosling this year. I had to laugh when I approached the fence for a better view, and this pint-sized goose honked as loudly and brazenly at me as the adults did.  Goose teaches me to keep my guard up and pay attention to my surroundings.  With the Page above, I get a clear message to trust my gut and follow my hunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment