I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Test of True Love

From the Tarot of Durer, the Lovers:
Nothing is difficult for those who love.
Pan plays his music and a woman reaches out to him, looking (in my opinion) like a twitchy meth-head in need of another fix.  Her submissive posture makes my skin crawl - call it addiction, manipulation, or control, but don't call this love.  Even the doves have their backs turned to them.  Authentic love is a bond that creates two strong individuals, not two unhealthy ones.  It doesn't require a person to leave his or her brain at the door, because the relationship is based on an equal partnership.  I will always have choices in my relationships, unless I choose to surrender them to someone else. 
 
From the Philosopher's Stone comes "Solution:"
Up against a brick wall, a question mark becomes an exclamation point when seen from a different perspective.  The value of relationships, besides companionship and compassion, is they allow a variety of ideas to be shared between people.  For instance, when I do the Sunday crossword puzzle with my mother-in-law, it helps to have another viewpoint when considering the clues.  If the clue deals with "diamond," I might think of the gemstone, but she might also consider a baseball field.  However, solutions are more likely to be found if both partners feel comfortable in sharing their thoughts and opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment