I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 20, 2013

Simply Irresistible

From the Albano Waite Tarot, the Empress:
Around this earth mother springs golden wheat, green forests, and blue streams.  What is unusual about her is the gown she wears - a dull gray color.  Her focus is on what she creates, not herself; it is the fruits of her efforts that are important.  There is a line in the Bhagavad Gita that says "make everything an offering."  My creations, sacrifices, or good deeds are not about making myself look good or gaining any favors.  They should be done out of love; this is the wisdom (symbolized by the gray) of the Empress. 

From the Rumi Cards comes a verse about the "Carnal Soul:"
The carnal soul is not the physical body, but the ego that constantly tries to impress, dazzle and please.  If these tactics don't work, it will become a muckraker and hornet's nest shaker.  The motive behind every action is to look better than others, even if it means tearing other people down to do so.  Living this way soon becomes an irresistible habit - an addiction.  I have an acquaintance who is fond of saying, "I'm not much, but I'm all I think about."  These cards invite me to carefully monitor my intentions and choose to act from a place of wisdom and love (the eternal self/soul).

No comments:

Post a Comment