I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Partnerships and Pepto-Bismol

From the Illuminated Tarot, the Two of Cups:
I am visually drawn to the figure in this card that most Americans would label as a caduceus (though the actual medical symbol is the Rod of Asclepius with one snake only).  The rod the snakes twine around reminds me of the staff used in the suit of Wands.  The two serpents represent two individuals working toward one goal together.  For this sort of cooperation to work smoothly, there generally needs to be some sort of emotional tie - respect, friendship or love.  The commitment to each other will support the ongoing effort that will be needed when obstacles present themselves.  If I choose to form a partnership or join a group, it would be wise to find a person or group that not only has a similar goal to mine, but for whom there exists a mutual appreciation and respect.

The card from the Dreaming in Color Deck this morning is "Aggression:"
This would be a lovely picture if it weren't for the vivid, Pepto-Bismol pink color that has been washed over it.  Most folks think of a violent sort of force when they hear the word "aggression," but there are other, more subtle forms as well.  Here in the Deep South, every child grows up hearing, "Now be NICE."  Somewhere along the line of childhood, that gets interpreted to mean "Don't upset anyone."  Such a mindset easily lends itself to passive-aggressive behavior - planned procrastination and forgetfulness, purposeful inefficiency, and catty remarks or jokes.  These reactions are only a dagger cloaked in velvet and just as damaging as any form of outward violence.  I don't have the power to force anyone to do things my way, but open, honest communication might help the other person at least see my point of view. 

2 comments:

  1. you are doing great with both of these decks. Doesn't make me want them though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend; I understand about not wanting them. I'm in awe of your readings with the Etteilla but don't see myself getting the deck.

      Delete