I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Listen to the Clash

From the Tarot of Durer, the Two of Wands:
 Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble,
But if I stay it will be double.
~ The Clash
I can almost hear this conversation now (in of course growling lion-speak): "Larry, what are you doing?  It's past time for our nap - let's go."  "But I've never seen anything like this before!  I want to play with it a bit and see what it does."  And then in a very timid, hedgehog voice from atop the pole, "Yes Larry, listen to your pal.  Your complexion isn't looking good, and I think you need some rest."  These three figures  represent all the inner parts of me - the one wanting to stick to the routine and maintain the status quo; the part looking for excitement and willing to take a risk; and the one that thinks I'm probably doomed no matter what I do.  I think I'll listen to the Clash - I might have trouble if I make a change, but it won't be nearly as bad as if I stay in my rut.

From the Philosopher's Stone deck comes "Existence:"
This painting makes me think of man emerging from the primordial soup.  I think there is something intrinsic in humans that makes us want to evolve.  Sure, some of us have our fears and doubts, and we may try to sit on the sidelines.  But I think eventually we'll experience that feeling of restlessness and discontent and be tempted to at least stick our toes in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment