I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Musical Chairs

From the Medieval Tarot, the Six of Swords:
I know well that shell-shocked look of the person being led away.  Living in a city that has flooded twice, I instantly thought of the National Guard soldiers who rescued folks and took them to Red Cross shelters.  If you weighed all the natural disasters against the tragedies that occurred because of words spoken or ideas fought for, I can imagine which one has caused the most trauma.  Sometimes fleeing is better than fighting, especially when what is being fought for is just emotionally fueled drama and not of long-term importance.  The two swords above the head of the rescued point upward while those over the soldiers point to the earth, as if indicating who must leave and who must stay.  Looks like I need to keep my head down and find a shelter when the words start flying.

From the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards today comes the card "Chair Filled:"
Do you remember the children's game often played at parties called Musical Chairs?  One less chair than there were people was placed in a circle; music was played then suddenly stopped, while everyone raced for a chair.  Each round a chair and a person were eliminated.  It tested the quickness (and aggressiveness) of the participants, and I hated it as a child.  With the Six of Swords above and this card, I see that where I am now, there is no longer a space for me.  It is time to move on and find a place that resonates with my inner Self, a place that I can grow instead of use words like swords.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The LoS version never was a blip on my radar. This one is proving to be more interesting than I thought.

      Delete