I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the Papess (High Priestess):
Instead of a woman holding a scroll while gazing outward, this card shows the High Priestess reading intently and contemplating what she has read.  There is no stroking of the ego or intellectual debate; the information is received and digested.  Lately I have been doing an in depth study of the Eight Limbs of Yoga along with other areas of yogic philosophy.  When I read with focused attention, there are times when I get a spiritual nudge as if someone is whispering to me, "Did you catch that last line?  It is important for you."  This card reminds me that those intuitive flashes are not to be acknowledged then ignored, but an understanding to be applied in my life.

From the Pages of Shustah, the "Card of Destiny:"
The moon moves through phases, waxing to fullness then waning to darkness.  The "destiny" part of this card refers to changes; just as I get comfortable with something new, something else will come along to take its place.  While this can keep me on my toes, it can also reveal a lot about me in how I handle it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment