I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Seeds of Receptivity

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the High Priestess:
 In the area where I walk every day, there are a few pomegranate trees.  Most of the fruits are gone now, but a few still lay on the ground, torn open by squirrels and other animals looking for food.  I'm amazed that such a small fruit can contain anywhere from 200 to 1400 seeds.  I can't help but think of the High Priestess when I see these trees, as she is associated with this fruit.  She encourages me to be quiet, still and receptive; there are hundreds of bits of knowledge hidden within if I'll only take the time to discover them.  These are the spiritual seeds I can plant in my daily life that will help me grow in compassion and wisdom if I will tend them.

From the I Ching Pack comes Water/Chasm over Mountain - Meeting an Obstacle:"
On a mountain path covered with snow and ice, a man comes to a section blocking his way.  The smart thing to do would be to turn back; he could find another path or wait until spring when the path wouldn't be so treacherous.  People tell me I'm persistent, but underneath that compliment is the understanding that I can also be stubborn and downright pushy when it comes to some things.  This hexagram, like the card above, encourages me to step back and give things a rest.  Expectations and unrealistic demands will bring nothing but trouble.  Time to detach, and then maybe I'll see another available approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment