I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Queen of Soul

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Empress:
This woman looks a little more like a queen than a version of Mother Nature.  She does rule and guide, but with more of a motherly touch than the Emperor.  I can almost hear her telling me, "Mind your manners!"  She reminds me that I don't need a machete to drive home a point and that being casually cruel is not what honesty is about.  If I squint just a bit, I can see her morphing into the Queen of Soul and singing, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me..."

From the Kuan Yin Oracle comes stick #73, "Sudden Thunder:"
Sudden spring thunder wakes the insects and the worms.
They sing together gaily and dance in a circle,
free from winter hibernation
deep in the earth.
The thunder is a wake-up call for the parts of myself that have been asleep, parts that I've had to put on a dusty shelf until "later."  It's time now for those things, whether they involve creating, learning, or gathering with a group of people.  New changes are ready to emerge, if I will only wake up and get moving.  In keeping with the tarot card's message above, I must remember these changes are for me; I can't force anyone to adopt my vision or views - they can only dance along if they are willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment