I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Natural Guidance

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Star:
I've only recently become interested in the constellations - Orion caught my eye early one morning this past autumn.  I'm in awe of the people from long ago who were able to use them for navigation.  About the only star that I can find my direction from is the sun.  I wish all forms of guidance were as easy to come by as finding east and west.  Instead I must often look for subtle clues, pay attention to spiritual nudges, and recognize synchronicity.  The woman with one foot on water and one foot on land reminds me that though I might tap intuition and the unconscious for assistance in which track to take, I still must rely on common sense grounded in the real world.

From the I Ching Pack comes "Earth over Lake - Approaching:"
"I dreamed that, as I wandered by the way,
Bare Winter suddenly was changed to Spring."
~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
A natural process of growth is at work; although it's winter here, the paperwhites are in flower and the red maples have leaf buds about to open.  As much as I would like to enjoy warmer temperatures now, I'll just have to be patient for nature to work things out on its own.  This card indicates that my challenge as I move toward my goal is to remain both attentive and adaptable as the changes progress at their own pace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment