I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Clarity with Grace

From the Jolanda Tarot, the Ace of Swords:
The sphinx on the hilt of the sword is connected to the solar Egyptian deities, and it emphasizes the need for clear thinking and honesty.  To be honest with others, I must take the philosopher's challenge to "know thyself."  But this bit of advice had nothing to do with New Age navel-gazing; it means I must be fully aware of my limits and weaknesses, not just my strengths.  So instead of letting my ego speak (See how wise I am?  Don't you want me to share all my knowledge with you?), it will come from a place of shadowless truth.  The roses remind me such frankness does not need to be cruel or disrespectful - yes, it may prick, but the benefit should far outweigh the discomfort.  And then there are the mosquitoes, those folks who love to pick apart whatever doesn't rest well with their opinions.  But the truth is founded on bedrock; no matter how much they try to dig, they won't get past it.

From the Bird Signs deck comes the "Swan:"
The swan is associated with beauty and grace.  If I add the tarot card above to this one, I find I am encouraged to offer honesty with an open palm rather than a fist.  I can't force reality (or my perception of it) on anyone.  But if I present it in a tactful, loving way, they might at least take a quick glance at it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment