I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Birds of a Feather...

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Crone, a deck and book set created by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince.  Today's draw is the Witch of Cups (Knight):
I dance where the stars and tides align,
And create movement that will last a thousand years.
Here is a woman that could be described as a "mover and a shaker" in the realm of relationships - not only is she influential, she gets things accomplished.  The image makes me think of both a hook and a vessel; this woman has the ability to "catch" and "receive" others in her life.  This card reminds me that I have the ability to allow or refuse certain people in my life - I am the one who chooses whether to let them in my head and heart or not.  And who I allow in tends to influence my attitude and actions, for better or worse.  It might be better if I take a few of them off the hook and toss them back into the lake...  

The oracle deck I'll be using this week was created by Sonia Cafe and is called Transforming Dragons.  This morning's draw is the dragon "Axidox:"
Trap: Criticism and Judgment
Treasure: Ability to see Beauty and Potential
This dragon faces away from the mirror because she doesn't want to see what is within herself.  She believes she knows what is best for everyone; her wisdom should be acknowledged and followed.  She's not distracted by her own shortcomings, because she's too busy pointing out those of another person.  She rationalizes that she is only trying to help them.  The irony is that these people have become her mirror; what she sees in them that is at fault also lies within herself in some form.  When I can honestly look at my assets and liabilities, I'll be much more likely to concentrate on the what is possible and good in others.       

2 comments:

  1. What a great choice of decks! Love, love, love both Tarot of Crone - and TD! Actually, i learned of Sonia Cafe's oracle from this post - and googled more images, i must confess that it's a first dragon deck that i absolutely love! I need to check whether it is available back in mother Russia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena,the Tarot of the Crone is one of my favorite nontraditional tarots, and the simple art of the dragon deck seemed to go well with it.:)

      Delete