I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Who's Fooling Who?

From the Fey Tarot, the Seven of Swords:
Holding a huge sword, this fey seems to blend into her surroundings.  It appears as if she is trying to hide from someone, but I don't see any other fey around.  Perhaps the person she is trying to hide from is herself.  When I break promises or fail to fulfill an obligation, I may be tempted to fudge the truth.  I might make excuses by trying to put the blame on another person or an external situation.  But I  always have a choice - I can take the path of pride and deceit or I can take the path of principles and truthfulness.  I might fool someone else, but I'll never fool myself.

From the Crystal Deva deck comes the stone "Orange Calcite:"
Because of its association with the second chakra, Watlington gives this stone the keyword "fulfillment." Fulfillment comes from a place of truth and commitment; yet commitment is not the same as obligation.  Commitment is an intention held with joy, while an obligation often feels like drudgery.  Watlington encourages me to spend my time wisely, not simply filling it with tasks to struggle through, but also the things that will feed my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment