I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Take Warning

From the Fey Tarot, the Knight of Swords:
"Red sky at morning, sailors take warning..."  But it's not the weather I need to worry about, but impulsive actions or words that happen before my brain kicks in with some common sense.  I know when I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired (HALT), I need to pull back on my own reins because I'm liable to do or say something stupid.  Minetti makes the point in the companion book that its not the sword in her hand that is the dangerous weapon, but the girl herself who is out of control.  Time to climb out of that saddle and get some much needed rest...

From the Crystal Deva Cards comes "Coral:"
Red coral is often called "precious coral" because of its value.  Unfortunately it has been over-harvested from reefs that are already feeling the effects of the extra acidity in the oceans.  Watlington gives coral the keyword "fellowship;" it reminds me that the earth is a nicer place to live when we realize we're all in this together (including plants, minerals, animals and bodies of water).  I need to change my thinking from "I, me, mine," and be aware of how what I buy (or want) can be detrimental in ways my ego will never understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment