I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 20, 2012

One Step at a Time

From the Golden Tarot, the Nine of Swords:
I dislike seeing a man in this card not because I don't think men worry, but because behind most men there is a woman planning, making preparations and doing.  Sexist?  Probably, but here in my household I'm the one responsible for making the holidays happen.  Now that it's holiday "crunch time," my tone of voice is short, and I've developed a twitch in my eye.  But I know what to do... I go for a long walk.  I tell the committee in my head to take a break, and I let all my senses loose in the natural world to occupy my brain with something besides mental gymnastics.  It's like taking a deep breath with my mind...

From the Yantra Deck comes "Vision - creating beauty:"
The Kamakala Yantra shows a lingum (the masculine) surrounded by 16 yonis (the feminine).  The "vision" here is not necessarily of dancing sugarplums, but the imagination being combined with the intellect that will allow the physical manifestation of something.  Unfortunately with creation there are no short-cuts or magic wands.  Like my daily walks, I must take one step at a time toward my objective.

2 comments:

  1. i must say, the dog in that cards throws me off more than it being a man does :0

    good luck with the holiday stress stuff :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Kat meant for the dog to be associated with the British legend of the black dog (a demon I think), but I'm an animal lover so I just saw it as the dog trying to say, "Hey buddy, wake up! It's just a dream, it's not reality!" lol

      Delete