I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 17, 2012

Messages to be Delivered

From the Golden Tarot, the Knight of Wands:
Once again, art imitates life.  I spent yesterday and last night working on some homemade cards to send to a few special people.  And today I have them packaged and addressed, ready to make a run to the post office.  Seeing the message on this knight's wand made me smile because he has a memo and a mission too, that he's eager to take to others.  Of course I'll have to watch out for his impatience once I hit the long lines at the post office...

From the Yantra Deck comes "Blessing - receiving:"
This yantra painting is associated with Shakti, the receptive feminine.  In the deck's companion booklet, there is a quote by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, a woman known for her work with death and dying: "Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything has a purpose.  There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from."  It is usually with hindsight that I see how something good came from an unfortunate or frustrating situation.  I'll try to keep this in mind at the post office; there might just be a stranger who has something I need to hear...

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten how pretty the Golden is. Mine went away because I couldn't stand the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny... I recently read someone's comments about the second edition (published by another company) and they were complaining about how flimsy the cardstock was, lol.

      Delete