I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It's a New Day

From the Granny Jones Tarot, the Page of Wands:

Yeah here we are still goin' strong
Right here in the place where we belong...
It's a new world, it's a new start
~ Bryan Adams Here I Am
It's a new day, and this happy young fellow has set off down the road to learn and report about something exciting.  I envy his enthusiasm and eagerness; I've felt a bit dead inside of late, going through the motions of daily life.  I'm ready to live instead of just exist.  I want to jump out of bed in the morning ready to make new discoveries that open my mind and heart.  We had quite a storm roll through the South last night; I lay awake waiting to see if I needed to wake my family and move them to a safe room in case of a tornado.  Thankfully, all we got was lots of rain and high winds.  This morning the sky is clearing and everything has been washed clean - a new start indeed.

From the Button Oracle comes the "Honey Bee:"
"If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live.” ~ Albert Einstein
Like George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life, I wonder how my thinking would change if I realized the small ways my life impacted others.  I'm sure most people are like me, believing their day to day existence doesn't have much bearing on the rest of the world.  But like the single bee that gathers pollen, those individual efforts produce something very sweet and worthwhile.  Maybe each person does have a significant niche to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment