I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Safe, Nurturing Place

This week I'll be using the Fey Tarot, created by Riccardo Minetti with artwork by Mara Aghem.  Today's draw is the Nine of Pentacles:
Two fairies hide out in the trunk of a tree, with one keeping watch outside.  This depiction makes me think of a scene I saw out near the holding pond the other day.  I had heard the crows cawing and making all sorts of a ruckus, so I went to investigate.  On the way, a gray squirrel came running by me and flew up a water oak into a cavity created by a branch that had fallen off long ago.  At the same time I saw a huge redtail hawk perch in a tree nearby.  The squirrel barely poked his head out of the hole, but he kept up a constant chatter the whole time.  Minetti uses the word "prudence" in describing this card, meaning being able to use good judgment and caution when necessary.  Like the squirrel, sometimes its in my best interests not to be in the fray of things; instead I should hide out until all the drama blows over.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Crystal Deva Cards created by Cindy Watlington.  Today's stone is "Rutilated Quartz:"
I love the golden threads in this stone; they are a reminder that there is light to be found within.  Watlington associates this stone with nurturance, and suggests that those times when I feel empty inside, I need something more than a physical solution to satisfy me.  My Higher Self allows me to find the emotional and spiritual sustenance I need if I'll take the time to go within.  As the squirrel in my story above would tell me, its not wasted time, its a prudent choice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment