I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Relax and Look for Beauty

This week I'll be using the Ferret Tarot created by Elaine Moertl.  Today's draw is the Four of Pentacles:
The expression on this ferret's face reminds me of a toddler with a new toy.  The toddler might let you have a peek at his plaything, but no way is he going to let you hold it - he's afraid you might not give it back.  My energy is in short supply these days due to stress overload, and I'm beginning to feel like the toddler and the ferret.  I want to hole up someplace quiet and undisturbed, isolating myself from whatever else might come my way.  But deep down I know when I react this way, I don't avoid the stress but do miss out on the support that can help me through it.  Guess that's why moms always teach us to share...

The other deck I'll be using this week is Nature's Wisdom Oracle created by Mindy Lighthipe.  This morning's card is the "Crocus:"
The crocus is one of the first flowers to push up through the dead leaves, ice or snow.  Even though winter is still around, it gives hope that change is coming.  I feel like I'm covered in a pile of cold, wet leaves myself these days, and have to remind myself to look for what is good and beautiful in life instead of focusing on what is not.  As I look out my window while I am typing, the sun is rising and coming through the leaves of a giant sycamore tree in the backyard.  The filtered light shines on the fiery red leaves of a laceleaf Japanese maple, under which a Buddha statue sits.  So beautiful it makes me sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment