I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Done With It

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the King of Chivs (Swords):
The sword firmly planted through the rug and into the floor says a lot about this king.  His queen is the BS detector, but he is the decision-maker.  He's willing to listen to and consider all sides of a situation impartially, but ultimately he's going to render a judgment that he considers fair.  No emotion, no drama, he just calls it as he sees it.  Being wishy-washy or second-guessing himself is not how he operates.  As the sword in the floor implies, he logically reaches a conclusion, gives his verdict, then declares, "Now be done with it!"

From the Lakota Sweatlodge Cards comes "Old Woman Sorceress - Kanka:"
This card encourages seeking the teachings that will guide me through all of life's experiences, using the gift of discernment to unlock the truth.  But here's my problem.... I'm often influenced by visions and beliefs of other people.  I'm beginning to realize that what is their truth may not be my truth.  That doesn't mean my judgment invalidates their experiences or convictions; my responsibility is to find my own path.  Their path may look colorful, important, wise, interesting (insert whatever adjective you prefer), but I must learn to discriminate what is genuine for me and travel my own road.


No comments:

Post a Comment