I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Navigating Currents

From the Prairie Tarot, the Chariot:
Early rail lines were made of wood; horses could pull the carts much easier on rail than over road.  By the 1830's, steam-powered locomotives became common.  Ator seems to have combined both of these inventions in the Chariot card.  The rails in this card remind me that no matter what my goal or challenge, it is likely someone has already blazed a trail.  I may have to do things differently than they did (horse power vs. steam power), but I can rely and seek support from those who've struggled and succeeded.

From the Medicine Cards today comes "Salmon:"
The salmon returns to the place it was born in order to spawn, navigating currents and predators to get there.  Its message is one of determination and courage - persist until the goal is reached.  The journey to the place of its native waters encourage me to look to my ancestry for information as well.  This card reminded me of one of my German relatives who discovered when he arrived in America that he only had enough money for his wife and children to travel inland.  He saw them off on the train, then proceeded to walk the 300 miles until he reached them.


No comments:

Post a Comment