I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Getting Out of My Head

From the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, the Queen of Coins:
This beautiful, bare queen has nothing between her and the earth she stands on.  Every sense is fully awakened and on alert.  The only covering she wears is the crown on her head.  She reminds me of how important it is to stay grounded in the real world.  I've been living to much inside my own head lately, doing a lot of thinking, reading and researching.  I love to learn and think it is a good quality to have, but this queen tells me to bring it into the practical realm.  Time to get out of my head (which I can use as a protective boundary at times) and start living life.

From the Oracle of the Radiant Sun comes "Innovation:"
Jupiter (gain) in Aquarius (principles, humanity)
I think some of the most resourceful people I've ever encountered are those who have so little, or those who have experienced tough times such as the Depression.  They can take what seems of no consequence and create something amazing with it.  But like the Queen above, these people are big on doing, rather than just talking or planning things (notice how they both look to the right/active side of the card).  Their message is clear: take what you have and do something with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment