I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dancing in this Adventure of Life

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Absurd, created by Jessica Rose Shanahan.  Today's draw is the Lovers:
I am reminded by this card what a dance any partnership is, one that requires a balance of give and take.  In this image, the woman allows the man to support her weight as she leans backward.  In my marriage, there are times when I am the cheerleader, and times I need encouragement; times when I need a shoulder to cry on, and times when I provide the shoulder; times when I have the strength and energy to get things done, and times when I rest and allow my partner to do what needs to be done.  It is a balanced commitment to each other, that defines any true partnership.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk by Masha Falkov.  This morning's card is "The Eye:"
What would happen if we could observe, without preconceptions, expectations or judgments?  How would such unadulterated observation affect the way we interacted with others?  The Eye encourages me to look with the wonder of a child, to see without prejudice, looking objectively instead of subjectively.  Such a decision has the power to turn a frustrating, unhappy day into an adventure...
 

2 comments:

  1. These decks look amazing, unique, and unusual: just my style! I have ordered them both, thanks for featuring them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to enable someone when it comes to decks - especially self-published ones! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete