I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Careful Consideration

This week I'll be using the Prairie Tarot created by Robin Ator.  The card drawn for today is the Lovers:
It's a high noon showdown between the raven-haired beauty and the blonde bombshell - which one will he pick?  The Lovers card is about choice, but it goes deeper than a "chocolate or vanilla" decision.  It deals with commitment, a promise that involves obligation.  Such a pledge makes me wary, because I know on some level my freedom will be restricted by this choice.  If I'm going to be involved in something for the long haul, I need to give this decision careful consideration.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Medicine Cards, created by Jamie Sams and David Carson, with illustrations by Angela Werneke.  This morning's card is "Hawk:"
Hawk is a messenger; his loud screech serves to wake up those who are mindlessly moving through the day.  Hawk's message is to pay attention; small details, body language, or words used are signals I need to be picking up on.  These are "red flags" that I may miss if I'm in too much of a hurry, or if my emotions are driving the choices I make.


1 comment:

  1. I have the Medicine Cards. Haven't used them for quite awhile. I really like them though will have to see if I can find them. Good seeing you the other day.

    ReplyDelete