I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Way to Freedom

From the Victorian Romantic Tarot, the Sun:
A woman rides on a white horse, without bothering to use the reins, in a wild area with blooms all around.  She holds a branch over her head bent in the shape of an arch, implying she has made a transition of some kind.  She has found happiness through freedom; she realizes she doesn't need to control people or situations (no reins), and she understands that most of what she thought were restraints and obstacles were only created by her imagination.  Now that is true liberation.

From the Flowers' Messages comes "White Rose - Pure Love:"
Last night I was returning home from a Yoga Nidra session (feeling very serene), when I discovered one of the coaches from the ballpark next door had parked his truck diagonally in the alley.  I narrowly missed hitting the truck as I carefully made my way past to get to my driveway.  Of course as I went by, I let out a string of curse words and laid on my horn.  All that serenity went right out the window.  There are so many people I can choose to hate or be angry with.  It seems easier to hold a resentment than to allow people to be who they are, but for every person I carry a revenge-seeking hatred for, I might as well have an iron ball and chain around my ankles.  I know I can't do anything about those flashes of anger I have - that's just part of being human - but I can choose whether I want to be burdened with a resentment.
  

4 comments:

  1. That anger flashes for me by people who stop in the road to talk to the ones in the oncoming car, and people who park their grocery carts side by side in the isle of the store. And does it really matter? I 'could' choose to take the opportunity to take a couple of deep breaths and relax. Do I? Not very often. Does this mean we are humans and not rocks? Perhaps we need to appreciate that spark of anger instead as proof we are still alive and capable of feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I don't think it's the emotion that's the problem. However if I assault the two gabbing ladies with a frozen loaf of French bread, that might be... :D

      Delete
  2. Oh nice and shiny new blog! I like it :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) LiveJournal was making me nuts, so I figured I might as well move on while I still had a bit of sanity left!

      Delete