I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 9, 2012

She Satisfies Like No Other

From the Victorian Romantic Tarot, the Empress:
As I went out for my morning walk, I noticed the temperature was noticeably cooler today - it was finally beginning to feel like autumn was on its way.  Many late summer flowers were blooming, including blue, purple and red morning glories that seemed to climb up every fence and post I passed.  I greeted a flock of Canada geese, two hummingbirds, a great blue heron, a family of redheaded woodpeckers, a crow, and a red-shouldered hawk along the way.  It seemed quite appropriate to draw the Empress card upon my return - Mother Nature herself.  The Empress represents the earthy, sensual aspects of creation that require no college degrees or fancy job titles to appreciate.  Nature satisfies me like few things can.  Whether I'm looking for comfort or delight, She is always ready to offer all She has.

From the Flowers' Messages deck comes "Morning Glory - Telepathy:"
I've never experienced or seen telepathy in action, but I have to admit I do silently greet the trees, plants and birds on my daily walks.  It makes me feel like I am acknowledging their wonder and beauty, and it allows me to show my appreciation.  Interesting that the morning glory is trumpet shaped, as it reminds me both of a musical instrument and an ear horn (like were used before hearing aids became available).  They encourage me to believe that I can communicate with the natural world, if only to be open to Nature's daily miracles and send out a heartfelt "thank you" to them in return.

My previous posts can be found here:
http://thesycamoretree.livejournal.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment