I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 28, 2012

Revelations

From the Thoth Tarot, Aeon (Judgment):
Crowley uses two images of the sky god Horus, a young boy in the foreground and a mature Horus in the background.  Arching over both figures is Nut, the Egyptian goddess of the sky and heavens.  This card represents an awakening to new perceptions and understandings that were previously unknown.  It is a transformation of how I see the world and my place in it.  The two versions of Horus represent retaining the wonder and openness of a child, while adding the knowledge and experience that age brings.  It is not a deliverance from the hard stuff in life, just a new way to see that can bring insights.

From the Vertical Oracle comes the card "Awake:"
This woman may be having a brain freeze now (see the ice crystals around her head?), but she will soon have a thaw.  Alli's phrase for this card is a disconcerting revelation; he writes, "The truth will set you free but first it may make you miserable."  Sometimes the hardest person to be compassionate with is myself.  When I get a wake-up call, my first reaction is, "How could I have been so stupid?"  But the good news is I'm finally awake...


4 comments:

  1. I like the way the Judgement card is presented, or at least your take on it, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like Crowley's version much better than the RWS version.

      Delete
  2. Like you new blog site. I like you thoughts on new perceptions. I have been "changing" perceptions. Most times they are not so new just we don't always look at all the options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I can get so caught up in what I think things should be like, I fail to see the all the actual possibilities available. By the way, congratulations Great Grandma! :D

      Delete