I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Restless Joy

From the Victorian Romantic Tarot, the Two of Wands:
A young woman stands on the shore, looking dreamily out to sea.  The two palm leaves she holds symbolize the accomplishments she's made, but now she's feeling a bit restless.  I know when I finish a project, I feel both a sense of relief and joy mixed with regret.  The problem is that I am wired to feel my best when I'm knee-deep in the middle of a challenge.  Not the emotional drama kind, but the creative, think-outside-the-box type.  So even though I may appreciate and feel proud of what I have done, I crave something else to do.  I'm sure this lady's muse already is making plans...

From the Flowers' Messages comes "Bellflower - Inner Joy:"
The bell shape of this flower's bloom has given it its common name; bellflower reminds me to pay attention and wake up to what brings me inner joy.  This is not the type of happiness that lasts briefly, such as what comes when I purchase something new.  It doesn't come from the "pats on the head" that I get from bending to the wishes of others either.  It is what results from following a path and purpose within - one most likely off the main thoroughfare.

5 comments:

  1. I think of Paul Newman in Hombre when he and his cohorts come to the end of the roadwork before they come to the end of the day, and the amazed looks they give each other...Really? Out of work/projects/duties? What now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord, do I ever relate to that lady in the two of wands! My muse has positively infected me with a new "beautiful obsession" and I am annoyed that I simply don't have the time to get engrossed in it.
    By the way... Lovely blog, soulsis! :) Welcome to Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your muse is like a starving swarm of mosquitoes, determined to have their fill, lol!

      Delete
    2. And I thought I had managed to shake her loose while in Cairns! LOL!

      Delete