I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 16, 2012

What is Worthy?

From the Touchstone Tarot, the King of Pentacles:
TSTKgP
With his elaborate attire and oysters on his plate, this man of money might seem intimidating.  Yet Black, in her companion book, describes him as "approachable."  It doesn't matter what your gender, race, or social standing might be, he only asks that you come with a worthy cause.  Con artists, whiners, and those who are just plain lazy need not bother.  This king encourages me to be discerning when it comes to not only my money, but also my time and energy.  Like him, I need to ask if what I'm about to get involved in is worth expending the resources I have, or if they would only be wasted. 

     From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Call of the Soul:"
GCCall
At night in the middle of a lake, a woman stands still, listening to the sound of her breath and the lap of water against her boat.  She waits for guidance from the voice within.  Marashinsky states that this card advises to "make living from your soul a priority" and to "quiet down your emotional, physical, and mental body, and go into the silence."  I don't know why it is that when life becomes chaotic and unmanageable, the first things to go are the spiritual tools that will help me the most.  Though I do my nature walks every morning, I haven't spent any time lately in sitting meditation.  Time to sit, breathe, and listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment