I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Seeing and Accepting

From the Tarot of Timeless Truth, Judgment:
TTTJudgment
Here the Universe (depicted as a woman) shows a young lady the truth about herself.  Her strengths and her weaknesses, her actions and their consequences, are laid bare.  It is not meant as a moment of shame, but a time to see clearly so she can move forward, using her assets to work on her flaws.  The goal is not perfection, but a willingness to grow.  I also don't need to emulate someone else, to become a carbon copy of them.  I should strive to do as Stephen Gaskin states:  "You have to be true to yourself, but you have to be true to your best self, not to the self that secretly thinks you are better than other people."

     From the Rune Cards comes "Sun/Sowilo:"
RCSun
Sun ever proves a joy to seamen
when they cross the fish-bath-sea,
till the brine-steed brings them to land.

~Anglo-Saxon Rune poem
In this image, the sun pierces through dark storm clouds, bringing light to the voyagers on the ocean.  I generally get up before the sun rises, and when I venture outside, I'm always surprised when what I think I see turns out to be something else.  For instance this morning, what I thought was a pinecone turned out to be a large toad.  Light shines in the shadows, helping me to see what I need to acknowledge.  Once accepted, it can help me navigate with greater clarity and purpose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment