I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Opportunities and Commitment

This week I'll be using the Morgan-Greer Tarot, created by Lloyd Morgan and Bill Greer.  Today's draw is the Ace of Pentacles:
MGAceP
Red roses (passion, desire) and white lilies (purity, focus) flank an archway that leads to a mountain in the distance.  The hand with the pentacle is an offering, an opportunity that offers me physical help - finances, energy/time, or health.  The bottom line is I must be willing to do something to take advantage of this option.  There's no taxi or helicopter waiting to take me to the top of the mountain.  I've got to walk the path and make the climb myself.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is a combination of two decks: Gods & Titans and Goddesses & Sirens, both created by Stacey Demarco and Jimmy Manton.  This morning's card is "Hera/Commitment:"
GTGSHera
Hera was the Greek goddess of women and marriage, and being married to Zeus, the queen of Olympus.  Her husband was know for his infidelity, and Hera for her jealousy, yet she had a job to do as a goddess regardless.  This card encourages me to get off the fence post - either commit to what I say I want to do, or move on to something else.  If something is not worthy of my loyalty, I don't need to complain or get angry about it.  There are plenty more areas where I can focus my attention and effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment