I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Natural Laws

  From the Wildwood Tarot, the Stag (Justice):
WTStag
Instead of a sword, this version of Justice holds a two-headed axe; rather than scales, he holds a shield painted with the image of a world tree.  Nature has a way of balancing things out.  If drought causes many grasses that supply the grain for mice dry up, the mouse population will begin to decline.  Animals that eat mice - snakes, owls, hawks - will see a decline also.  When rain comes again, allowing the grass to grow abundantly, the animal populations will increase.  Since I am a part of nature, my actions impact not only myself, but those around me.  Inwardly or outwardly I can create imbalances, and it's my responsibility to recognize and be accountable for these.  Or I can sit back and let nature can take its course and readjust things (which often isn't the most pleasant of experiences).

     From the Shaman's Oracle comes the Ancestor of Hope:
SOAncH
Don't get me wrong - I do think hope is a good thing.  But I believe that sometimes I can have specific expectations woven into that hope, and those are the buggers that can cause me heartache.  My hope is that things will change to something different (and this I believe because it is a natural law).  Life might not change on my timetable or the way I would write out the script, but change it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment