I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Focusing on My Own Adventure

From the Morgan-Greer Tarot, the Page of Pentacles:
MGPgP
This young man is often known as "the student," and while most cards show him gazing intently at the coin in his hand, this fellow is gazing off into the horizon.  I have a love of reading and learning, but what I can't tolerate is information packaged for mass consumption designed to be force-fed to the person studying it.  I want to be like this Page; I want information that will make me dream about possibilities, that will make me so curious and full of wonder I want to learn more, and that will allow me to ask questions and express doubts.  I want to be an explorer on an exciting adventure when I seek knowledge.

     From the Gods and Titans Oracle comes "Ull/Focus:"
  GTGSUll
Ull is the Norse God of Marksmen known for his intense focus, stamina, and skill to hit his target.  I instantly thought of "the Hawk" from the Avengers when I saw him.  As someone who meditates, I know how easy it is to lose my center and become distracted by a multitude of dramas, most of which I have no control over.  I may be able to offer encouragement and suggestions, but that's where my influence ends.  I must not get so sidetracked and preoccupied that I forget to give my life the attention it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment