I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, August 3, 2012

Ask to Receive

From the Wildwood Tarot, the Ten of Bows (Wands):
WT10W
A man struggles with a load of bows up a steep path to an encampment of warriors.  He has a delivery to make to them, and part of me wonders why they can't meet him halfway and help him out.  There are times when I labor under the idea that I'm the one doing all the work.  But as I look at this card, it reminds me this is not the case; the bows are unfinished.  The warriors still must be string them and make arrows - this fellow has only cut and carved the staves to be used.  There is a sense of responsibility here in doing something for the greater good.  Everyone uses the gifts they have to do their part - I'm not alone.  And if I feel overwhelmed with my portion, asking for help will surely be all I need to do to receive it.

     From the Shaman's Oracle comes the "Journeyer:"
SOJourney
The Journeyer is the connection I have between the physical and the spiritual world.  It is what helps me find solutions, inspiration and guidance.  But it doesn't sit on my shoulder and give a running commentary like some GPS device.  If I'm busy making plans and strategies for how I want things to work out, I won't even hear it.  I must become centered and open to its assistance in order to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment