I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spiritual and Physical Connections

From the Wildwood Tarot, the Ten of Cups:
WT10Cups
The waterfall in the image above reminds me of a place in the foothills of the Appalachians that I used to camp under the stars.  This card is subtitled "Happiness," and I must say that's how I feel when I look at it.  The cups on the rocks below will stay continually filled, no matter how many sips someone takes from them, as long as they are placed back in the stream of water.  I have tried for years to find happiness in people, places and things, and while I may find temporary pleasure, it is never lasting.  The only way I've found true joy and contentment has been through a spiritual connection of my own choosing.  I find I am fulfilled as long as I keep replacing my bowl back in this spiritual flow.

     From the Shaman's Oracle comes the "Ancestor of Guidance:"
SOAncG
I am lucky to have a mother who has genealogy as an interest, so I know many of my ancestors.  Not just names and dates, but stories about them and their lives have been passed on as well.  The elk's antlers in this card remind me of a family tree, and suggests that I can find guidance by looking at the lives of those who have come before me.  I can see how alcoholism and a failure to keep commitments were damaging in some, while the love of nature and learning, as well as compassion and generosity, were beneficial in others.  I can't blame my life on genetics, because I'm the one who must ultimately choose...  

No comments:

Post a Comment