I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sorting and Dancing

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Eight of Pentacles:
SF8Coins
Mattioli sees this card as a sorting out of thoughts and emotions, so that work can progress.  The cross on the buck's chest indicates a balance restored, and the roses denote the breakthrough that can happen as a result.  I know if I have repetitive thoughts running through my head or have my emotions swinging from one pole to another, I'm unlikely to get anything accomplished.  My focus will not be on the task in front of me.  So my first priority will be to look and see if what I am feeling or thinking is based in reality, and if it is, to do what I can to resolve it.  In some cases, acceptance might be my only option.  Then it's time for me to get on with it...

     From the Faeries' Oracle comes the "Faun:"
FO35
I don't think the connection of this image with the one above is pure coincidence.  Froud's keywords for this card is "natural wisdom" and "understanding the nature of Nature."  There is a constant flow in nature - it is never static.  I must learn this lesson in order to adapt to the constant changes in my life.  I don't need to push, pull, or try to control things because that is only resistance.  As Froud says, it's "futile to struggle against the flow of the universe, we might as well dance" with it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment