I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rise and Shine

From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the Tower:
A bulky, muscle-bound fellow runs for cover, trying to ward off debris that is exploding around him.  As the saying goes, "You can run but you can't hide."  Life is full of unexpected changes for everyone, regardless of a person's money, religion, power, or physical abilities.  The experience may feel like the world is crashing down, and the pieces will never fit together again.  Actually, that is the point.  If I've built a wall to protect me from opening my eyes and mind (reality), the Universe has a not-so-subtle way of giving me a head slap.  It's not meant as a punishment, but as a way to prod me out of the concrete cubicle I've created for myself.  The pieces will fit back together, it will just be a different picture than before.

     From the Mirrors of the Heart deck comes "Awakening:"
Two "seed people" lie buried in the ground, but a third has begun to emerge above ground.  Why is it that sometimes we walk around, aware of all that is around us, and other times we do our best to ignore all the nudges the Universe uses in an attempt to wake us up?  Personally, I would much prefer a tap on the shoulder to a two-by-four upside my head.  Here's to a day committed to having all my senses fully awake...

No comments:

Post a Comment