I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 20, 2012

Let's Make a Deal

  From the Tarot of Dreams, the Two of Wands:
TD2W
Door number one or door number two: which will I choose?  The red door promises new adventures and excitement, but will also bring challenges and obstacles to overcome.  The blue door promises calmness and routine, but the stability may begin to feel tedious and dull.  I suppose my choice will depend on whether I've been riding a roller coaster or carousel lately.  Too much stimulation, and I'll probably be ready for a bit of serenity; too much boredom, and I'll be ready to add some spice to my life.

     From the MentorSpirit deck comes "Clarity:"
MSClarity
In making a decision, my attitude and emotions are what can muddy the waters.  If I am fearful, my choice will be based on the "what ifs;" if I am angry, my choice will be based in a need for revenge.  Sometimes neediness masquerades as love, and my selection will lead to enabling.  If I am full of false pride, I may refuse to admit my ideas are wrong, and opt for what backs up my beliefs.  There's a lot that can affect my clarity; my job is to honestly examine myself first, before I come to a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment