I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gatekeeper

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Masters by James Ricklef along with his companion book Tarot AffirmationsToday's draw is the Ace of Swords:
Swords can wound, protect, or clear away the clutter of the mind.  In his book, Ricklef refers to this Ace as the "gatekeeper of the conscious mind."  I like that description, because while I can't control what thoughts come through my mind, I can decide whether I'm going to saddle that horse and ride out on it, or let it stay in the pasture.  The angel seems to hold the sword waiting for my decision - how will I choose to use my thoughts and words today?

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is The Key to the Kingdom, a set of transformational playing cards by Tony Meeuwissen.  The companion book contains a verse or rhyme for each card.  This morning's draw is the Ace of Hearts:

I'm a little butterfly
Born in a bower,
Christened in a teapot,
Died in half an hour.
It's a hard fact to hear for some people, but life is terminal.  The average life expectancy for an American woman is 80.8 years, but I've signed no contract with the Universe that even guarantees me that.  This card reminds me that I need to have priorities in my life, if I don't want to have regrets later.  Like this lovely heart-shaped butterfly, my top priority for today will be to live with passion and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment