I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fanning or Dousing Sparks

  From the Tarot of Dreams, the Page of Wands:
This youngster is always up for an adventure, no matter what time of day or where it might lead.  The mythological beasts over his/her head indicate a dreamer who envisions exciting challenges and escapades.  However, this Page often has a "flavor of the week," flitting from one interest to the next.  Enthusiasm waxes and wanes, not allowing any in-depth time spent with one curiosity before moving on to the next.  In a child's world, this lack of sticking to any one thing is fairly normal; it gives children a chance to explore the world.  In adults, it becomes a way to flip the channels of one's life, constantly looking for some new form of entertainment.

     From the MentorSpirit cards comes "Caring:"
The combination of the Page of Wands and this card made me flash back to my junior high school days.  I begged to play basketball and to be allowed to go to basketball camp, but was told I was too short to be any good (and therefore would never get a scholarship).  But here's what my parents didn't understand - I just wanted to play because I loved the game, not because of any long range plans.  Now that I'm much older than that kid in junior high, I find it easier to be cynical of other people's dreams or ideas.  Will it make money or just cost money?  I've forgotten that sometimes aspirations need to be nurtured if only because they keep the spark of passionate enthusiasm from being snuffed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment