I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Creative Effort

  From the Art of Tarot, the Two of Pentacles:
I've been to a few ballets, and have always been amazed by the dancers' fluid gracefulness, their sense of balance, and their ability to work together with such harmony.  In Roosevelt's words, they use their bodies in "creative effort" - translating original ideas into reality.  This card makes me pause and consider how I am using my resources of money and energy.  Is there a balance between hoarding and impulsive spending, between being constantly active and being a couch potato?  I know neither extreme will bring me happiness or security, so I must find a middle path between them.  I may need to stretch my imagination to find it...

     From the Tao Oracle comes "Treading:"
Here is a beautiful rendition of another balancing act - between the conduct of the ego and the conduct that arises from essence (higher self).  The ego functions from habit, based on conditioned behavior patterns.  Essence allows us to act with awareness and sensitivity, rather than from self-centeredness.  As Padma writes, "When you act from essence, you understand that marching to the beat of your own drum is not contradictory to playing in harmony with the band."  Better dust off that bodhran and listen for the rhythm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment