I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finding Answers in Hard Places

  This week I'll be using a Dutch deck, the Tarot in de Herstelde Orde (Restored Order Tarot) created by Rob Docters van Leeuwen and Onno Docters van Leeuwen.  Today's card is the Two of Swords:
This lady is caught between a rock and a hard place (the boulders behind her).  The overwhelmed feelings she's experiencing is represented by the water.  She's come outside to be alone and to find peace, away from all the judgments and pressures others are putting on her.  For the moment she's postponed making a decision - she wants time to dig deep within and figure out the best way to go.  But she can't stay in limbo forever; as the waning moon indicates, a choice will have to made soon.  This card reminds me not to let others bully or guilt me into making a decision that will compromise my integrity.

     The other deck I'll be using this week is the Oracle of Kabbalah by Richard Seidman.  Today's card is "Hei:"
 
According to Rabbi Ginsburgh, the three parts of this letter represent the three dimensions of physical reality: height, width and depth.  Hei is not heady intellectualism or emotional drama, but what is grounded in this world.  It literally means "lo" or "behold," indicating something sacred.  Hei can be used as "the," a definitive article referring to a specific object rather than some abstraction.  This Hebrew letter encourages me to pay attention to what is in front of me instead of getting caught up in assumptions, projections or expectations.  What I need to know is just waiting for me to open my eyes and see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment