I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cracking the Books

From the Restored Order Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune:
Are we to grow used to the idea that every man relives ancient torments, which are all the more profound because they grow comic with repetition? ~ Stanislaw Lem
The world spins and the seasons change...  The books the bull, angel, eagle and lion hold are the wisdom I hope I'm gaining as I move through these cycles.  Yet something happened last night that made me question how much I've actually evolved - I felt such an intense rush of anger that it took me by surprise.  I thought I had moved past this resentment, but obviously I just stuffed it somewhere for safe keeping.  Even when I try to stand still, to stay in my comfort zone, my environment and the people around me push me to change.  I might as well get out my spiritual toolbox and work on this one, because its not going to disappear on its own.

     From the Oracle of the Kabbalah comes the letter "Zayin:"
Ginsburgh suggests Zayin has the form of a crown or scepter, while Seidman (in the companion book) writes that it resembles a sword.  Either way, it is a symbol of power and assertiveness.  Strange then that this letter of strength and authority has a numerical value of seven, associated with Shabbat, the day set aside for rest.  Seidman asks, "In order to honor what is truly important, is there anything I need to cut out?"  Busyness came keep me from my real purpose - working on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment