I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Conception and Community

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Lady (Empress):
The Empress is the personification of Nature and all that it represents - fertility, sustenance, creation, beauty, abundance and sensuality.  The three dots on her throne represent awen, the inspirational force of generation.  Her face has an expression of intense focus, and I can't help thinking that she is timing her contractions, knowing that she will give birth soon.  She reminds me that what I conceive will require effort and focus to bring into this world.  And once here, it needs to be nurtured rather than neglected, if it is to grow and thrive.

     From the Druid Animal Oracle comes the "Bee:"
This past Friday I was out at a friend's farm where she maintains a bee hive.  She checked it while I was there; it was an amazing feeling to be surrounded by the buzzing of 9000 bees.  Once I entered their world, I got so caught up in their activity that I completely forgot about the possibility of being stung.  Every one of them seemed to have some important task to do.  I envy the bees' sense of purpose, as I seem to be floundering about, wondering what it is I am suppose to be doing and the direction I should be going.  But I do think their lesson for me is that I need to be involved with others, not going it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment