I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, April 2, 2012

Twirling and Swirling

  From the Gaian Tarot, the Six of Fire (Wands):
Four women drum, one plays a flute, and another dances under the stars.  Struggle, frustration, and great effort have given way to joy, release and celebration.  I miss the drumming circle I was a part of in the past; it always took me out of time and place, and was a natural high.  Though we came from different backgrounds, there was such a sense of unity and passion in the group.  We lifted each other up with each beat we played and healed ourselves as well.  For me, there was no greater feeling of community than that.

     From the Goddess Oracle, "Oya: Change:"
Oya is the Yoruban goddess of thunder, lightning, tornadoes, winds, rainstorms and hurricanes.  She has a warrior's spirit and protects all women who call on her.  She represents change, transition, and the chaos that often brings it about. Her purpose is to clear away what has become useless to make way for the new.  Oya teaches me to be receptive to change, as fighting it will only keep me in turmoil longer.  My job is to be patient and persevere until storm subsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment