I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Warp and Weft

This week I'll be using the Norse Tarot deck and book set by Clive Barrett.  Today's card is the Three of Cups:
A husband and wife celebrate the birth of their child with a relative or perhaps a close friend.  The weaving loom in the background has given me food for thought with this card.  I enjoy solitude very much, sometimes to the extent that I separate myself from others.  While life weaves the joys and sorrows of day to day living together, I often find myself on the fringe rather than amongst my friends and family members.  It is a strange feeling to want to belong but at the same time fearing being so closely knit.  What strange turn of the mind causes me to be this way?  It's not that I don't love or care about these people, but there is a feeling of being trapped or vulnerable too.  Perhaps the root of it all is pure self-centeredness on my part.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Wolf Pack, created by Robert Petro.  Today's draw is "Wisdom:"
Two structures made of wooden poles and blankets stand in front of this wolf, looking a bit like entrance-ways.  Will he go through either one, or bypass them altogether?  I am reminded by this card that knowledge comes through intellect but wisdom comes through experience.  Wisdom tends to open perceptions and perspectives rather than narrow them.  It is balance - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually - that allows me to live fully and in harmony, no matter what is going on in my life.  Pairing this with the tarot card above makes me see the wisdom of having balance in all my affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment