I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Connections and Bridges

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Fool:
The Fool glows with a golden aura as he walks in the spiritual world.  The grapes represent his blissful intoxication in the realm of the spirit, where there is no separation, no "yours and mine" - everything is as one.  But he's about to take a fall into the human realm (and knowing cats as I do, the feline will  probably wait to until the Fool hits bottom to give him something soft to land on).  The forked staff he carries implies his existence in a unified state is about to be split in the earthly world where duality exists.  Can he continue to carry his sense of wonder, trust and happiness as he learns to live in the physical world?  Will he remember that no matter how the outer appears, underneath the union is still there?  The Fool reminds me of the potential and possibilities I carry within that I always have available to use,  as long as I never forget my spiritual connection.

     From the Sabian Symbols comes "Scorpio, 19th Degree:"

A parrot listening and then talking, repeats a conversation he has overheard.
Remember playing that childhood game "telephone" where everyone sits in a circle, then one person whispers a phrase to the person next to them, until it travels all the way around?  Of course the fun was how the original phrase got twisted and turned into something crazy that didn't even come close to the original.  This symbol reminds me of the importance of listening without expectations, preconceived ideas, or assumptions getting in the way - I need to be empty so I can hear what is said.  And to make sure I heard what was intended to be heard, I can repeat it back to the person who said it for clarification.  Listening well can be a bridge between the differences I have with another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment